Cycle rides with the essentials taken care of
CSS Events can advise on all aspects and will manage the event on the day. Our service includes providing or co-ordinating:
- route design
- start and finish layouts
- suitable waterstops
- liaison with councils and emergency services
- marshal planning and briefing
- operational plan with detailed timetable
- risk assessment
- route maps
- gpx/tcx route files for satnav devices
- route on Strava (app)
- checking routes before the ride
- signing of routes we have a large stock of clear, durable direction signs
- First Aid trained staff
- support vehicles (able to ‘lift’ people and bikes)
- basic mechanical support (we carry basic tools, spare inner tubes, pump, etc)
- a helpline (for riders to call if lost or in trouble)
- liaison with First Aid provision
- briefing riders and managing the start
- sweeping the routes and removal of signs
During an event, we manage the real time control of support services through a dedicated helpline number given to all riders. We ensure that problems are prioritised and dealt with, redirecting riders back onto the route or where necessary, helping them back onto the road (after a puncture, say) or picking them up if they or their bike are unable to continue. All routes are checked systematically to ensure no-one is left behind.
We have developed and maintain a database of cycle shops which can be used to support an organisation’s own marketing programme.
Our public liability insurance is £10,000,000.